First of all, I don't always carry stuff. I don't really venture too far from where the motherload of useless crap is. But, when I do, there's a lot of it. It all goes in a bag that looks a lot like this [new window]. I pile in:
- iPod. I love my iPod so much.
- chapstick (or rather 'lip balm,' because it's not in the form of a stick.)
- a book or two. most recently Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them (Al Franken) and The Town and the City (Kerouac), but also sometimes a book of Kerouac haiku. Good reading, that.)
- my coffee mug. It's kinda grody because I need to run it through the dishwasher, but...it'll be OK. Yeah, I drink far too much coffee for someone with my frame.
- OS CDs. I'm not completely sure why I feel the need to carry around the install (and boot) CDs for Knoppix STD, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and the first two CDs of SUSe 8.1 Pro.
- contact case. Been caught without it, and it's not pretty. I also usually carry...
- eyedrops and also
- a mini bottle of contact solution
- spiral bound notebook
- sketchy container for whetever is necessary...^_=
- keys, but they're attached at my belt loop
- wallet, but that's in my pocket. Inside is a veritable treasure trove of little mementos...cards from restaurants, some from three or more years ago, and my favorite poems, as well as a credit card, an ID, and a probably defunct Borders Gift Certificate card that I just keep around in case. Also an extra key. No money though. Goes in painfully hip wallet that I got from an airline years and years and years ago.
- mental picture of my boyfriend.
yep, that's about it. I'm thinking about getting an iBook too though.